- Speech craft is an extended workshop on communication and leadership where the participants learn about various aspects of communication and leadership.
- They are supported by a team of domain experts & industry stalwarts who mentor the participants.
- The program is ably organized and coordinated by a program coordinator.
The aim of the program is to:
- Train non-members in communication, public speaking and leadership skills
- Introduce non-members to constructive feedback
- Promote Toastmasters to the general public
How Speech Craft happens?
- Participants give speeches ( prepared speeches & impromptu speeches ) based on criteria established in Toastmasters manual and get feedback on their performance
- Generally, meetings are devoted entirely to Speech craft speeches
- It is a typically 6 to 8 hour program, phased through 3 or 4 sessions, of 2 hours each.
- Existing toastmasters do educational speeches, serve as advisors, and support
The educational speeches done by Coordinators
- Welcome to Speech Craft
- Selecting Your Topic
- Writing Your Introduction
- The Ice Breaker
- Organizing Your Speech
- Get To The Point
- Working With Words
- Award Completion presentation
Why Speech Craft?
- A Speech Craft workshop is the most cost effective and time-effective way to acquire the skills of speaking, listening, thinking, and evaluating – skills vital to almost any profession in today’s world.
- Develop communication & leadership skills of your team members.
- Reach out to the community.
- Share the Toastmasters experience with others
What do you get out of Speech Craft?
- Over the course of these sessions, participants learn about good public speaking and have the opportunity to practice within the Speech craft group, mentored by experienced Toastmasters.
- Friendships and careers can and do blossom from the Speech craft experience.
- An opportunity to get the look and feel of how a general toastmasters meeting works, up close and personal.
- More than anything else, the opportunity to rub shoulders with veteran speakers and learn from them.
Speech Craft Schedule
Participants give 1 – 2 minute introductions but no speeches.
Session 2 – 6
Devoted to participant speeches.
Which session you’re on
- Coordinator starts session 1 on Welcome and Intro speech at Meeting #1.
- Participants follow their speech number, Ice Breaker is start of session.
- Educational Speakers look their topic ( Organize your speech is when that educational speech is delivered, not the week when participants give their Organize Your Speech presentation.)
Fee Structure for a Speech Craft
- Speech Crafts are Customized Programs Tailored to fit every Organization
- Usually they Program lasts 6 to 8 weeks with 20 – 30 participants
- Charges per participant for the entire program will be between 2500 INR and 4000 INR based on the program, the no of attendees and other parameters considered.